Bed Parts Installation
These instructions are general bed assembly instructions. For
instructions specific to your truck, we have Bed Assembly instructions
available through our
Online Catalog for $10.00 each.
These 5-6 page guides were written by our MAR-K engineers.
Once you have received your bed parts and before painting, assemble all
parts to make sure they fit and check hole locations. (Parts cannot be
returned if modified or painted). Inspect wood as soon as you receive
it. Wood is only guaranteed for 14 days from ship date. The
following instructions are a suggested guide for assembling before painting
your bed. Contact your MAR-K sales representative to order
complete assembly instructions for your make and model.
- Lay out all parts in a clean area for installation.
- Begin with one bed side and the front bed panel. Fasten
together using the front bed panel mounting bolt kit. See
- Attach the other bed side to the front bed panel in the same way.
- Next, fit the rear cross sill into the openings in the stake
pockets. Bolt the rear cross sill to the stake pockets with the
indented hex head bolts and washers See figure 2>.
- Place the two edge boards in their position under the bed side
angle and mark the board through the holes. Drill 3/8" holes in
the edge boards at each location.
See figure 3.
- Bolt the edge boards and the cross sills to the bed side angles.
Check your original bed for correct placement of sills. See
- Install the remaining bed wood boards and bed strips. Keep
the bolts fairly loose to allow for any adjustments. See
- Lift the assembled bed onto the truck frame and attach with the
bed-to-frame bolts. Some models require pads and wood blocks
under the cross sills.
- Attach the tailgate with hinges or trunnions at the base of the
tailgate and with the chain assembly or latch at the top of the
- Attach the fenders to verify the fender mounting holes are aligned
with the bed side holes. If your bed sides do not have fender
mounting holes, use the old bed side or a fender as a guide for
drilling holes to attach the fenders.
- You have now successfully assembled your bed! This is
the time to do any modifications, such as welding or adding any holes
for wiring harnesses or taillights. Now you can take the bed
apart and remove all hardware. Clean and
prepare parts for painting.
You'll also want to finish your bed
wood. Final assembly is done in the same sequence with
careful procedures to ensure squareness
and correct hardware installation.
This is what your finished bed from MAR-K can look like!
Order from MAR-K's Online Catalog